The Xelas Energy Management (XEM) product line provides customers with specific solutions for their energy management needs.
The XEM 61850 product line suite
- enables easy addition of IEC 61850 client and server functionality and
- seamlessly integrates with network equipment/applications that currently use other protocols.
- The various combined XEM components form a seamless network management network, implemented in a completely distributed architecture, which allows the network management to be scalable to the specific requirements of the customer.
- The way our connectivity is implemented, using a two-step process of dynamically loadable adapters and script based translators, makes the seamless network management fully flexible, adaptable and expandable without downtime.
- The distributed architecture is built for optimal reuse of components and logic, the complete process management allowing 100% central control.
- Both the client/server components and the connectivity components use RDBM based data handling for data persistence, consistent data modelling and direct integration into standard IT architectures.
The sum of these six characteristics together creates very substantial business benefits.
- Lower development cost
- Faster time to market
- Reduces interoperability testing
System integrators and application vendors
- Rapid development of new functionality
- Focus on own core competence
In the end, equipment vendors, applications vendors and system integrators all contribute to the efficiency of the smart grid operators.
Grid operators decide to prefer XEM based implementation because it will bring them:
- Independent multi-vendor communication
- Better Return on Investment
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Complete and structured network data or comprehensive reporting
- Flexible grid architecture to introduce new features faster
Download detailed product information on the Product Download page.
To order an evaluation package or get more information about the IEC 61850 products please email: firstname.lastname@example.org